status bar

  • From: "Judith Bron" <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:08:12 -0400

Hi everyone, All of a sudden my status bar is reciting irrelevant points
instead of the wanted information of page number, the number of pages in a
document and the line number.  Is there a place I can go to get it right again?
    Another problem that I don't know if it is indicitive of a greater problem
is this.  I went to a lengthy document last week and much of the spelling was
nothing more than gobbledigook.  I painstakingly went through each line of the
document and am about to reread it to see if everything is indeed straight.  I
don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary with this document and am
quite baffled at the shape it was in.  Is there something in the computer that
can mess up a document?  Thanks, Judith