Re: starting Jaws 8 from the run dialogue

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:14:56 -0600

Peter,

I too have had trouble in the past in getting a hot key to stick with a screen reader loaded. I don't know why this happens, but I discovered how to overcome the problem without unloading the screen reader. In the Shortcut field, in the case of JAWS, I type j and press Enter. Windows adds the Control and Alt to the combination automatically. Tabbing to the OK button seems to cause the hot key to be lost, but pressing Enter while still in the shortcut field preserves it.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Quaiattini" <Peter_Quaiattini@xxxxxx>
From: "Troy Burnham"
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 05:54:30 -0600

I finally got it to work, don't know why it wouldn't when I tried it the

first time.  Now I just have to try to reset my hot key.
Troy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leonard Salinas" <leonard_salinas@xxxxxxxxx>