RE: start menu vs classic menu.

  • From: "jim grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:22:01 -0800

That's right Jack, you got it. Plus, the windows xp start menu is in 2=20
pains across the screen, whereas the classic start menu from windows=20
95/98/me is only on the left side of the screen so JAWS can focus on it=20
better.
That's why FS recomends the use of the classic windows 95/98/me start =
menu.=20
Jaws has no problems handeling these pains.  I also think that fs tells
people to turn it to clasic start menu for the same reason they tell =
people
to turn to clasic folders it is because it is what the majority of blind
people are use to.  Note there is no reason to move to clasic folder =
ither
as far as jaws is conserned.  I did change to clasic folders symply =
because
I did not like all thoughs buttons being there when I can access the =
menu
bar or press a key to do the same thing. I also know though that some =
new
users of windows find being able to tab  to the option they want using =
the
new folder system to be helpful.  In eather case jaws has no problems
tracking what is going on.=20