RE: stand by

  • From: "Cy" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:51:10 -0500

Standby means that the computer will sorta shut down after a specified
amount of time passes with no use. It is supposed to conserve power.
Depending on what you have defined to "wake" the computer up it will
come to life after a key is touched or something is received from the
internet.
For most XP type users who also use JAWS standby normally causes all
manner of problems getting the screen reader to start working again.
Just leave it off and you will be fine...
Cy, the Ancient Okie...