RE: stand by

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:21:04 -0700

Normally I would stay out of this, however, I let my computer go into
standby often and never have I had trouble with Jaws since I upgraded to
Windows XP.  He always starts talking when I press any key on the
keyboard.

I still prefer to shut down mostly, but sometimes on the weekend when I
am away from the computer for a while it goes into stand-by and works
fine when it comes out.

The point I am making is your milage will vary, not may.  Some people
can use it, some probably cannot.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx