Re: sonic

  • From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:04:16 -0700

Judith and I worked over the phone today to so she could backup her documents folder with Sonic. I found out right away that her interface was somewhat different than what I have. My title bar says "Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 ". I think Judith has Sonic Record Now. These programs are similar and do some of the same things but work slightly differently.

My program actually has a backup utility called Easy backup. It isn't that easy. It's biggest drawback is that it will back up all the files selected every time it is run instead of files that have been changed or added. This is ok if you are using cd or DVD rom but isn't so good when using rewritable media. I have an external Hd and was hoping Sonic would be a good program for backing up my files but it is slow because it keeps trying to backup the same files each time. I can tell it to only backup files after a certain date so maybe it isn't that bad.

Judith's program seems to have different options and ways of doing backups.

Someone suggested using Nero to make data disks. Which version works best with Jaws? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Bron" <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>