Re: software accessibility problem

  • From: "Dave 'SqueezeBox' Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:35:07 -0700

Hello,

A couple suggestions...

1. Use the Ins-Alt-W command to virtualize the window and see if you can hear
anything with the usual cursors. If not, this might be an entirely graphical
presentation.

2. While you're still in the virtual mode, Press Ctrl-A and Then press Ctrl-C
to copy the whole screen. Then press Esc. Then launch Word or Notepad. Ctrl-V
to paste  and see what you got. If you only have the window title and other
surrounding text and nothing in-between, then it may be a graphical
representation.

If it's graphical, then you may have to resort to using something like
Openbook's Freedom Import Printer to do OCR on any screen that you're
interested in, and given the large amount of text in that book you're
researching, could be a Sisyphean task.

Dave