Re: "smart board" and Jaws

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:37:47 -0700

Hi Dave,

Well, I'd imagine JAWS wouldn't work with them.  If it is like writing on a
chalkboard, then OCR would be required, which would be hugely problematic.
The problem is the same as if the teacher were using a real chalk board; it
is now electronic, but every bit as inaccessible.  It is the school's
responsibility to make reasonable accomodations to insure this information
is accessible to the blind child.