"smart board" and Jaws

  • From: "Dave McElroy, WA6BEF" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:30:29 -0800

I wonder if anyone has ever heard of a thing called a "smart board and
whether there is any way to get Jaws to read it?
Evidently, this is a gadget that some schools are utilizing so that the
teacher writes something, as they would on a chalk board, but it's
networked to all the other "smart boards" in the room.  Apparently,
someone's child, second or third grade I think, will be in a classroom full
of these things and he says he's heard that JAWS in fact doesn't work with
them.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.