size of an attachment

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 21:01:17 +0100

 Dear list I have been sent an attachment, it is in a zip file and I think they
are self extracting, my computer both avg. and windows on my XP laptop gave
dire warnings first avg. then windows,I sent to another party and the thing
came back with a lot of blurb, I tried sending attachment and it crept out in
tiny percentages, this laptop goes via the wireless connection,   I  suspect it
was large and some computers are set not to get large attachments,I normally
can check the size of any item sent but I seem not to be able to do this on
this attachment where can I find out the size then?  I thought it should be
properties it was a spare voice in case I need in an emergency if I have to
remove Jaws to do something technical like update video interceptors or drivers
and as no sighted person is around I may have a go myself On the other hand
Interceptors are tricky thanks Dorothy