Re: silencing "on mouse over" announcements c

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 13:29:47 -0500

Hi, Yardbird. Here are the instructions I received a year or two ago from FS, beginning with their caveat which I, at least, have ignored.

We don't encourage turning the "On-Mouseover" as often there is additional information available in these links.

Below are the instructions to turn this feature off as you requested.

1. Press Insert and the number 6 on the numbers row to open the Configuration Manager. 2. Hold down the control and shift keys and press the letter D to open the Default Jaws Configuration Manager. 3. Press Altus to open Set Options and press the letter H to open the HTML Options.
4. Control+Tab to the MISC tab.
5. Tab to Indicate Element Attributes     and press Spacebar to uncheck it.
6. Tab to OK and press Enter.
7. Press Control+S to save the settings.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi've recently isntalled Jaws 8, and have forgotten what I did to silence
these announcements identifying links with this feature. I just went into
the defautl.jcf file of Configuration Manager and looked through the new
tabbed, multi-page HTML section, and found nothing there, where I thought it
might be. Does anyone know where I go to turn this thing off?
Thanks.