Re: silencing JAWS

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 13:57:23 -0400

MessageHello everyone:

This is a correction to my previous message on this thread.

To switch to the "No Speech Synthesizer", do the following:

press JAWS KEY+CTRL+S.  This opens the  "Select a Synthesizer Dialog Box".

Press the letter N, which will highlight the No Speech Synthesizer.

Press the ENTER key to accept your choice.  The dialog box is closed and JAWS
stops speaking.

Do the following to return to the default synthesizer:

Press JAWS KEY+CTRL+S.  This opens the  "Select a Synthesizer Dialog Box".

Press, for example, the letter E, for Eloquence, the letter S, for SAPI 5.

When you have selected the synthesizer, Press the ENTER key to accept your
choice.  The dialog box is closed and JAWS starts speaking.

Please accept my apologies for posting incorrect information.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber