Re: signal strength of wireless network?

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 13:52:46 -0000

that is my experience it will normally say it when it first connects,but you can still get the feel of it or so I find, my little laptop often surprised me in the summer, I would take into my garden and get a very good signal,better than indoors, I do not have the technical knowledge to understand how the wireless waves move but others may. I know thick walls are a disadvantage or so I am told perhaps if used in a garden and faces the rear of house where the main tower and router is it the wave will pass through glass or an open window, if any techi on list knows do say please one last point once I put the router into a wire basket under computer table and had problems, a cousin sighted, a long way away said I was creating what he called "a Faraday cage,I am sure you all know what Faraday discovered Dorothy----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Morris" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>