Re: shopping online with National Braille Press

  • From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:39:22 -0800

Hi, Mike.  I did try the virtual cursor and I still got the error message.
I've been able to look at text using the virtual cursor on some sites but
lately it's been a problem.

When I first shopped on the Albertsons website, I had this problem too.  I had
to keep calling customer service to have them do the checkout for me but that
wasn't the purpose of going to computer classes.  I ended up using my pin code
butnow Albertsons is going the way of other sites--credit card information.

I'm not able to upgrade to Jaws 7 right now because money's tight.  I do have a
Jaws 5.0 disk I could upgrade to but no authorization disk for it.  When my
parents helped me get Jaws 4.51, an upgrade of 5.0 came with it too but no
authorization disk.

I guess I could try the demo version of Jaws 7 and see if that works.

I never shopped on the amazon website years ago but I did hear that it used to
be really good.  You could get around in it with no problem.

Thank you for your help.
Rosemarie