Re: setting to announce "select all"?

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:11:02 -0400

I'm trying to understand what you're now saying. First you select all with control-a, as you intend. Then you delete with control-d by mistake. Then you save with control-s? This is not one, but two mistakes, if I understand you correctly. Maybe you could clarify.

Oops, I've just realized your question is off-topic.
From: "Judith Bron" <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The problem is that while I'm typing a document evidently I press control A and then, while I think I am pressing control S I must be pressing control D. Hours of work sent to oblivion. Outside of working slower and being more cognizant of what I am doing while concentrating on my writing is something I must learn. However, if there was a way for jaws to announce that I just selected the entire document would sure help. Thanks, Judith ----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Judith, I suppose you could modify the "SelectAll" script so that JAWS speaks the message when the key is pressed, but that's all I can think of for now. May play around with that script to see if I can do it and post the code to the scripting list that I'm on, which, if you're not on already, can be subscribed through the Blind Programming site
(http://www.blindprogramming.com). Hope that helps. On Thu, 19 Apr 2007
20:31:03 -0400, "Judith Bron" <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said: Is there a
keystroke that would announce when someone selects an entire document? Thanks, Judith