say all problem

  • From: "nicol" <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:25:12 +0200

        I have a  little annoyance with jaws. I'm using jaws8. This happens when
jaws reads a message in outlook when I open it . There is a verbosity option
for jaws to automatically read a message.
Each time the message starts with one single word followed by a punctuation
sign and a line break, jaws   pause for very long before continuing to read
the rest of the message.
Say for instance the message begins with hi. Hi is written with a period and
then the poster press enter, in such case jaws pauses very long after
reading hi before it reads the rest of the message.
Is there a way to change this? Currently I add this hi, to the dictionary
but then jaws doesn't  pause at all.
It reads the hi followed by  the rest of the message without any pause.
The correct way is : jaws is  suppose, when the word hi is at the top, to
only pause a fraction of a second and then continue reading. But if the
word hi or any single word  is written at the top  followed by any
punctuation mark and then  a line break, then jaws takes about 10 seconds
before it continues reading, and if I add hi. To the dictionary, jaws then
reads without pausing.  Is there a way to add line breaks to the dictionary
manager?
I can't expect of all list members from all the lists I belong to, to avoid
a line break if they begin their message with a first line like hi. If the
word hi is written at the top without any punctuation mark and pressing
enter, then jaws reads it correctly.