Re: running Jaws in Default mode question

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 19:11:33 +0100

I think what this /default command line option does is tell JAWS to not
only load the default configurations, but also allow one to make changes
temporarily. In other words, once one has unloaded JAWS the changes will
be permanently lost, even if they restart JAWS in default mode. Haven't
tried this in a while, but I believe this is what it does. I hope this
helps.
On Tue, 8 May 2007 10:07:18 -0700, "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> Hi,
>
> I'm resigned to spending a couple of hours or whatever it takes to try to
> comply with FS tech support's requests that I launch my Jaws 8 in default
> mode so as to not involve any changes I may have made to default.jcf in
> my
> personal (Admin, in my case) file.
>
> I've tried this out briefly, but as it will take a lot of time to run
> through each and every scenario in which Jaws does something wrong, I
> really
> hate the idea of doing all this at the low speech rate that you get until
> you change it in the voice options in the Jaws window, which is the first
> thing I usually do after installing.
>
> What I'd like to know, if the technically experienced can advise, is will
> making no more modifications than speeding up the speech rate blow the
> entire experiment? I mean, this won't involve me going into Configuration
> manager to make "serious" changes,which I suppose would create an
> increasingly complex default.jcf. Just the speech rate.
>
> Anybody know if that one tweak would be okay, or would it ruin the whole
> thing in a diagnostic sense?
> Thanks.
>
> --
> JFW related links: