RE: running Jaws 10 as a service under Vista

  • From: "Chris Jenkins" <saveup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 16:30:43 -0400

Hello.

The startup options changed under Vista giving you more control over when
you want jaws for Windows running. For example you can have Jaws for Windows
run at the logon screen and also run in your account. While if you have some
one-sided using your computer you can set it to not run in their account.
However when they log off you will still have speech at the logon screen. So
the answer to your question as I understand it is Jaws for Windows no longer
runs as a service. I believe instead there is a separate instance of Jaws
running at the logon screen. If you are running Windows Vista you can set
your startup options on the second page of the startup Wizard which will run
the first time you load Jaws for Windows on a particular user account or you
can access it later under help.

I hope this helps.