Re: routing jaws to particular sound card

  • From: "Jerry Richer" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:02:24 -0500

     When using two sound cards there are several ways to handle the
speakers.  Right now I regularly use two sound cards and each one has their
own amplifier and pair of speakers.  In the past I have run the audio out of
one sound card and into the other which in turn fed into one amplifier and
one pair of speakers.  In fact I've done this with three sound cards on
three computers.  You could put together as many sound cards as you like
with this method.  You could also get what you're referring to as a Y to
consolidate signals from two sound cards into one for routing into one
amplifier and one pair of speakers.  If you go with this Y option be sure to
get the correct device.  You want a device that will isolate the two sound
card signals keeping them from interfering with one another possibly causing
damage to the sound cards.
Chirp|Chirp|Chirp: It's the Bat, Chirping Bat .Com