Re: ripping CDs with cDex

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:36:23 -0800

Hi,
I have found that Cdex takes about 20 minutes to rip a CD on my system, a Dell Dimension 5150 with a 3.4ghz processor and 2 gigs of RAM. One of my buddies who has an ancient iMac says he can rip an entire CD in just a few minutes. Another friend of mine says he can rip CD's using Windows Media Player quicker than Cdex will, so I tested Windows Media Player and found no appreciable difference in speed. I don't really know what the deal is here. As long as Cdex works, I'm cool with it. I'll just find something to do while it's doing its thing.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>