RE: responses

  • From: "Cy" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 15:10:10 -0600

Bruce,
It is jaw action... (LOL)
Cy, the Ancient Okie...

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bruce Toews
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:44 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: responses

Just wondering what this all has to do with JAWS.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

> Hi, Joe.  I don't blame you for not wanting to join to many of the
> blind groups.  The class I was in had sighted teachers and they acted
> like children and teen-agers.  One time the instructor was polishing
> her fingernails.  One of the students who had partial sight told me
> what was going on.  I think it's wrong when a teacher who's supposed
> to teach, sits there and either puts on make-up or polishes her nails
> during class is stealing company time.  That's the other reason I left

> ROP. Rosemarie

class for that same reason.  I was going to this program called ROP
which stands for regional occupation program.  They were supposedly
teaching skills so a student could eventually get a job.  I know that
part of having a job is having to go on the internet to resaresearch
something but at ROP they didn't want to teach it.  All they wanted to
teach was the basics--namely microsoft word and excel.   When I asked
the instructor if they were going to teach the internet, she blew up at
me and told me that I would be dropped from the class if I asked that
again.  I told her that learning to go on the internet was just as
important as learning the basics.   To make a long story short, she told
the supervisor that I had a so called attitude.  The supervisor called
me and got on my case.  I told her that I wasn't going to ROP just to
learn the basics but that I also wanted to learn to go on the internet.
Anyway, in June I told Karen (the supervisor) that I was quitting the
class.  I told her that I was wanting to learn openbook but that wasn't
the only reason I quit the class.  I don't recommend ROP to anyone
because the teachers even act like babies or teen-agers.  All they want
to do is stay stuck in a rut.
>    Rosemarie

seem to get along nicely with other but ignore others.
>          From a newcomers perspective, you sound like a bunch of
underworked children with too much time on their hands.
>          My question is, are you looking for oppertunities to solve
problems or are you a social club with insiders capturing all of the
cyberspace in the web site?
>          Much of the info is great.  Some of it is just so much
garbage.
>          Please let me know if you are in the business of solving
problems or just wasting time on repetitive, childish interplay.
>          David V. Dahlin
>          16726 S.E. Renton-Issaquah Rd.
>          Renton, Washington   98059
>          Phone: Hm 425-255-5271
>          cell 206-478-5744
>          Working on casting all of my cares upon Him...

12/2/2005