Re: re-spellcheck in Word

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:11:50 -0800

Hi Jane,

You just have to fool Spell Check, because it has no way to know you've
changed your mind about the words you said to ignore the first time though.
As far as spell check is concerned, that was the  operation. The way I get
around this when the same thing happens is to select  whatever you've spell
check, whether it's just a paragraph or the entire document, Control X to
cut to Clipboard, and immediately Control V to paste it back into the
document.

Now Word and Spell Check will react as if it's brand new copy you're asking
to be scrutinized, and this time those words you skipped over will come up
again to be corrected.

If this trick makes you afraid you'd lose your work by accident, just be
very careful and don't do anything or certainly copy or cut anything else
until you paste the material right back in. Then do a control S to save,
just so you feel secure. I do that. Now spell check again.

Hope this helps.