Re: reply from FS re problems with RealSpeak

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:56:51 -0500

John,

If FS won't fix the problem with the RealSpeak synthesizer, and you wish to use this synthesizer, you will just have to put all of those problem words into the Dictionary Manager in such a way that the abbreviation expansion is defeated. DECtalk Access32 says Sunday every time it receives the word sun. I replaced s u n with s o n in the dictionary manager, and it doesn't do that any more.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>