Re: removing old JAWS

  • From: "Bill White" <billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 07:25:03 -0800

Well, you said it's an old Dell, so I'm going to assume you're running Windows
XP.  If so:

Go to Start menu by pressing the Windows key. Select Settings and press enter.
Select Control Panel and press Enter.
Select Add Or Remove Programs and press Enter.
When the list comes up, select the Freedom Scientific version you want to
remove.

Make sure you tab to the place where it says remove shared components, and make
sure the button is not, I repeat NOT checked.
After you make sure of this, tab to the remove button and press enter.

At this point, you may or may not have to tab again to an uninstall button. If
the installation procedure doesn't start, do this, tabbing to the uninstall
button and press enter.

For any other versions of JAWS you want to remove, press Enter.

I always keep two versions of JAWS on my computer at one time in case one of
them becomes broken, or in case it is a version with a bug of some sort that
you want to work around with the other version of JAWS.

HTH.
Bill White billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx