Re: removing jfw62 and going back to 6.0

  • From: "curmudgeon les" <one2three4five6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:21:13 -0700

or,

if, you have lets say 3 versions on your desktop of jaws

5.1, 6.0, and 6.2,

when you install a new version lets say 6.2 came out today

and you installed it,

1it would ask you do you want to have it startup at start up

and you said, yes

but, you don like it, and want to go back to a earlier version,

2when it installed it doesn't have a hot key assigned to start up manually

it is still assigned to the earlier version

no matter what version is running

minimize to the desktop

press the letter j

to see what versions are on the desktop

alt enter on the  icon,

of each version

tab to the shortcut key

back space out the j of the version you don't want to run

tab once then press alt, a,  to apply the changes then shift tab to the ok
button  enter

minimize, press j until you land on the version you do, want, to have start up

alt enter tab press the letter j in the  shortcut key box,

then tab to apply shift tab to ok,

so lets say

6.2,  is still the version that loads at start up

And you want  5.1,  to be the start up version

Press insert j,

Enter on options, enter on basics,

Tab to automatically start jaws and uncheck it on the version running 6.2

Tab to the ok button

Jaws will go nutz

And whine what do you mean you don't love me

and don't want me to start up when the computer starts

be firm and tell it that's right,

by hitting the yes button

now, turn off jaws, insert f4, on version 6.2,

you have assigned the hotkey for 5.1,

control alt j,

it starts

insert j,

enter on options , basics

tab to automatically start check box and check it,

tab to ok

and u b done

o o o o

one last ting,

I usually assign control alt j, to  the version I have start up

And have control shift j, to the version I leave on the desktop

As back up, if I don't like  what the new one is doing

You set by pressing all 3 keys in the shortcut key box at the same time,

Control shift j,

Last thought,

And on only two cups of coffee,

Whether or not I have the room, for them

I only leave 2 versions installed at any given time

Depending on the level of jaws experience  of the user,

I learned that I could delete the icon off, of the desktop

It just deletes the short cut and not the program,

Out of sight out of mind,

When I did run out of space, on the first computer, I went and uninstalled the
older versions,

Lets say, 6.2 Is the current version running I finally am going to uninstall
the oldest,

Version collecting dust,

good ol, 4.51,

going to programs,and pressing the letter j, till on 4.51

then arrowing  to uninstall

or maintenance and tabbing to the list andarrowing to remove

sometimes it sounds like it is installing the program instead of removing don
worry, just continue and finish the removal process,

but, when you restart the computer

to finish the removal, process

you have to reset the hotkey and which version starts up

so when the computer has restarted no jaws will be running

just know what to do,

minimize all applications

windows key and the letter m,

press the letter j, then enter to get any version up and running,

it doesn't matter which one the back up or the version you want to have  start
up

you have to set the shortcut key anyway,then turn off and restart the version
you want  to have start at start up,and set the automatically run at start up
check box

which is why some people just leave all dem old versions on the coputer

in the first place,

hahahahaa

good luck

the curmudgeon les