Re: removing authorization key, putting it back later

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:25:28 -0500

Bruce, Rick, John and the rest,

Each side in this exchange has many supporters. The problem goes to the nature of Freedom Scientific. Is it a commercial enterprise engaged in a consumer business, when the customer is usually deemed to be right, or is it a group of do-gooders to whom customers should be grateful and compliant? I don't know if it's clearly one or the other. They're a dot-com, not a dot-org, so they don't hold themselves out as a charity. But we also know they serve a small market in which the competition is limited.

With this ambiguity, it's understandable how passions can ride so high.
From: "John Heim" <jheim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:49:23 -0600
Subject: Re: removing authorization key,
putting it back later

I don't know which way is better. A couple of weeks ago, my CD-ROM drive died. I swapped in a new one and lost my jaws authorization. Now, that is bogus. Why in the world would I have to reauthorize a license for anything just because I swapped out a CD-ROM drive? Oh, I know there is a good *technical* explanation. But from a customer service standpoint, that is truly bogus.

When you pay $1000 for a piece of software, you expect better service than that.

From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:21:52 -0800
Subject: removing authorization key, putting
it back later

is there a way that you can remove your authorization key (sauy for formatting your computer) and then putting it back later so that you don't have to redo your keys thereby losing another key? I don't see any way of doing this, and am asking on a friend's behalf but I think that if there ins't a way there should be because then people wouldn't have to constantly call FS or fill out the form online.

Patricia

e-mail: bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx
msn: bc_sarah_fan@xxxxxxxxxxx