Re: recommended setting for jaws and touch pad on laptops?

  • From: "Robbie Curtis" <essence64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:35:24 -0400

Hi Daniel:

I have a Toshiba laptop myself, and this is what I do to disable the touch pad.

 1.  Press insert-F11 to get to the system tray.
 2.  My pointing device is made by Synaptics, so I press S until I hear
Synaptics Pointing Device and press enter.
 3.  Once there, I go to the Device Settings tab.  You can do this by pressing
CTRL-TAB until you hear Device Settings.
 4.  Press TAB in Device Settings.  You should now hear the name of the
pointing device.
 5.  Tab over once to get to the Disable button and press the spacebar.  You
will get a warning message asking if this is what you really want to do.  Press
the spacebar on OK.
 6.  SHIFT-TAB to the Apply button and press the spacebar.  Then SHIFT-TAB to
OK and again press the spacebar.

If your computer model is anything like mine, your touch pad should now be
disabled and you can come out of the system tray.  Hope this helps.