Re: reading by word with JAWS 8

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:29:15 -0500

Mitch,

I'm sorry you've had such difficulty getting a response to your query. I
believe this is your third attempt. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions
beyond the usual, as follows:

1. Run a JAWS repair. I haven't done that yet with JAWS 8, so if you're
unfamiliar with the procedure, you should put the query on the list. I'm
certain someone will respond because many listers have done it.

2. Contact FS. The behavior you describe is defective. However, it is curious
that navigation by word with the JAWS key works for you but not with
Microsoft's control-arrow combinations.

Please, anyone who has more insights than me, I hope you will address this
query.