Re: reading by sentence with Jaws?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:28:41 -0700

Chris,

I'm laughing. You're right, of course. But since I can't see that the 8 and
2 keys on the num pad also are up and down arrow keys, respectively, or at
least I haven't seen them and noted that for about ten years by now, I just
blocked out of my mind that Dave had described them that way. I only think
of the actual four pack of arrow keys when I think of arrow keys.

That said, I don't think it matters all that much. After all, it's a very
familiar Jaws thing to press Insert 8 (or num pad up arrow, if you prefer to
call it that) for previous line and Insert num pad 2 for next line. So I
don't find it terribly bothersome to press alt rather than insert in
combination with those same keys for this read by sentence thing, in any
case.

But it's all good, as they like to say these days. It's moot. It's six of
one, half a dozen of the other. It's a matter of choice. there are a million
ways to do things in Jaws.It's a free country. Well, since this list is
international, that's kind of figurative. Virtual. Whatever. As they like to
say. :-)