Re: reading a CD

  • From: "curmudgeon" <one2three4five6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 05:21:33 -0700

hi judith

enter on my computer

space bar and it should tell you its the, a: 3 1/2 floppy drive
down arrow
usually it is the the local c hard drive
down arrow
this should be the d drive or cd player or burner
if you only have one cd drawer
two choices
one press alt enter to open properties
insert b, as in boy
will read the contents of the drive

or
press alt f,
and down arrow to open
press enter, to open the cd,

if your computer tells you
to put in cd , then you have two cd drawers
one may be  a player and the other is a burner
so, down arrow to the e: drive
and do the same thing as above
to save the cd information that is on the cd,,
as text in a document

after opening the cd
route pc to jaws
insert and the minus key
virtualize the window
insert control and the letter w,
select all
control, a,
then copy
control c
hit escape and open adocument
and paste it in
now you have a document with the contents of what is on the cd