Re: question on Omnipage

  • From: "tom behler" <tombehler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 09:34:21 -0700

Thank you for this info.

Tom Behler

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Manzi" <stefano.xy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: question on Omnipage

If you just need to convert documents, you can use Abbyy PDF Transformer.
Or, for professional scanning, also the Fine Reader.
I mention it since long time in this list, but few of yours seem to care it.
Like if it was the last arrived at this world.
While instead it is already at version 9, the best worldwide scan engine for
OCR, and version 9 allowing to convert a PDF directly from the context menu.
How strange then, employers are scared also in the most technologically
advanced country in the world when a blind person working by their office
does a necessary request for better indipendent job conditions!
A friend of mine in Milan, talked about Fine Reader to his head office and
she immediately had a look at www.abbyy.com web site, then few days later
the software was purchased. A big benefit for Riccardo, and the same for
many others especially in southern regions.
Let's admit.. in italy we are of course great, special and clever, also
paying attention to laws and complaining for rights or facilitations, since
in Europe we are the first nation with biggest number of laws concerning
integration at school and work!

Greetings.

Stefano