Re: question

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:33:59 -0400

Hello Judith:

Your percentage problem is caused by the window where the percentage is
constantly being refreshed, thus causing JAWS to keep speaking the contents of
the window.

If you press JAWS KEY+S,twice, until JAWS says "none", this should stop JAWS
constantly telling you the percentage while you are in the chatroom.

Don't forget to press JAWS KEY+S once to have JAWS announce highlighted text
again.

Someone else on the list might have a better idea than this one.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber