Re: putting Jaws in the system tray?

  • From: James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 01:15:02 -0400

JAWS in the system tray accomplishes one thing, and one thing only, which
is exactly what bruce already stated on the matter. It gets the program out
of your way so you're not bypassing it when alt-tabbing between
applications. In effect, it helps you to use the computer more seemlessly.
JFW is still active, and still accessible, however it's only accessible if
and when you want it to be. I, personally, prefer my JFW running in the
system tray. When I want to do something in the program itself, it takes
half a second to call up the menu. Otherwise, I'd rather not end up there
accidentally. And, of course, there's the fact that I'd really like every
program to have the option to minimise to the system tray so it can be
accessed when it's needed instead of accidentally, but that's just me.
James

At 12:59 AM 23/08/2004, you wrote:
>Jim, why exactly do we need jaws in the system tray anyway?
>I have jaws configured to start automatically in my profile of windows
>XP/SP-2
>and I can also access it from anywhere with hot keys.
>Is the functionality of jaws enhanced by having it in the sys tray? With
>all the
>talk about jaws in the system tray perhaps it would be good to have a
>definitive
>answer (assuming there is one)--for those of us who may not know--the pros
>and
>cons of the above. Thanks!

-- Type: text/plain