Re: program for naming mp3's

  • From: STEPHEN FAIL <stephen.fail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 13:21:31 +0100 (BST)

tore johnny and other on list:
thankyou for your help and i will certainly try them out...stephen
Tore Johnny Bråtveit <tjb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Stephen and all others on the list.

When you say "naming mp3s" I assume you mean "tagging" them - that is
storing artist, title and other information within the mp3 files. I am
sorry if I have misunderstood. :-)

I have in fact been searching quite a lot for good and accessible
software to solve this task. Although there are a lot of programs out
there which claims to tag audio files - both mp3 and other file formats
which allow tagging - most of the programs have an interface which is
impossible or next to impossible to use with a screen reader. Many of
them also lack shortcut keys, or are designed in a way which makes it
difficult to get and keep focus.

At http://www.softpointer.com you can find two solutions that may be of
some interest. AudioShell is the simplest of them, but lacks some of
the more advanced functions like masstagging or import of tag
information from information sources on the internet. AudioShell
integrates with Windows Explorer, and is available via the "Properties"
choice when you right-click on a filename. They also have a more
advanced shareware, stand-alone solution, called Tag&Rename. that one
has a lot more functions, but it is a bit more difficult to use. So, if
you have relatively few files and just want to make sure that they are
named and tagged properly, AudioShell should do that job very well.

Tore Johnny