problems with both jfw 6.2 and jfw 7

  • From: "Philip Hall" <phall1246@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:56:21 -0500

Hi. I am currently running windows xp pro on a tyan 2466 dual processor machine
with 1 gb of ram.
I used to have windows xp home on this machine.
When I was running xp home, I had fewer problem with jfw 6.2 and 7.0.
but, Now that I reformatted and installed xp pro, I am having a lot of really
anoying problems.
1. most of the time when I boot and have jfw 7.0 start by default, I get a
message that says
that the jaws application has encountered a problem and must close.
If I instead have jfw 6.2 automatically start, jaws does come pu
talking, but it keeps telling that the screent is blank. It will not read
anything
such as window title, alt tab says nothing, and if I attempt to use the
num pad to read the screen, it says it is blank. I must stop jaws and
restart it before it will work properly. I have totally removed both version of
jaws, including going into program files and removing the freedom scientific
folders.
I would like to have jaws automatically start just because I have several user
accounts on this machine
and it is just easier to pick one to log into.  I hope someone has an idea as
to how I can solve these problems.

Many thanks.
phil