problem with braille reading webpages with jaws5.1.383 only

  • From: Moti Azrad Musician & Piano-Tuner <motia@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw list <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:31:00 +0200

Hi friends!

There is a change made for HTML-in version 5.1.383 of Jaws, like windows, where
for some elements (like

links, headings, etc) the focus now is placed on the end of the element.

As a result, if the element's title is longer than the width of braille
display, the

left-most part of the title is wrapped out, so that the remained text could

fit on the display. I have to use by braille pan-left key to retrieve the

starting part of the title. Surely, it is very inconvenient.

I identified this problem and can not find a solution, for it.

I now have on the website text reading to pull to the beginning of the line
with the braille display, - powerbraille40, that I am using now.

Please, try to help.

I don't have this problem with jaws v5.0.844 or other previous Jaws versions.

 Yes, I do have this problem with jaws 5.1.383, only.

Thank you very much;

Moti

Israel