problem when deleting e-mails with Jaws 11

  • From: "Renette Bloem" <renette@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:16:45 +0200

Dear All

Since yesterday I am using Jaws 11 (latest update) with Vista Business and
Outlook 2007.

My e-mails are grouped according to "subject".

I get the message "collapsed" after hearing the subject of a group of
e-mails.

My problem has to do when deleting such a group of e-mails.

When pressing the delete key to have all the e-mails relating to the subject
and that are grouped together deleted,  Jaws read the subject again.  I find
this confusing, because it sounds as if Jaws is reading the next subject
(group of e-mails), but when I use the up arrow, the group of e-mails I
wanted to delete, have been deleted.

Jaws will then read the next group (subject).

Is there a way to stop Jaws from repeating this.

(In Jaws 10, I was only asked "are you  sure you want to delete all the
items in the group".  End of story.  No repeat that confuses one.

Thanks.  Hope somebody can help.

Regards.

Renette