problem installing JAWS 6

  • From: "David & Patricia Ferrin" <dpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:56:44 -0500

Hi guys, for the first time in over eight years I'm having a little trouble
with the install of JAWS, and since it has been available putting it in to
the system tray.

right after the install is completed I get a message from Windows about
upgrading some component. It's name starts with a "Q" with some long string
of numbers after that.    That's not a real problem I suppose although I've
tried saying yes and no to that prompt to see if there is a diference in the
result.  The thing is for the first time JAWS won't let me put it in to the
system tray.  I've done this since it was first offered, and it's very nice.
Secondly I've tried the merge utility and acording to JAWS and also to my go
back program it presumed to have worked.  Unfortunately it didn't work.
There are several programs that I've put some small scripts in that aren't
in there by default.  For example Windows Media Player is set to switch
synthisysers when it loads and unloads.  Between attempts I always run go
back and shut down all other programs that might interrupt the installation
of JAWS.  I'm using a gateway 1GHZ system with 128 MB of memory that's
almost four years old.
David Ferrin
They should never give a license to a man who drives a slay and plays with
elves.
personal email address
dpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx