problem authorizing jfw 6.1 on new windows xp

  • From: "Hal Pearson" <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:14:26 -0400

Hi to all,

I had windows xp installed on a Dell Laptop yesterday. The chosen method was
to install over top of windows me. The package said that this was possible,
as it enables you to keep your original settings. AS said of this list
before, the best thing to do is do a complete reformat and start with a
clean slate.
Admittedly, I forgot to deactivate jfw 6.1 authorization before the install
was done.  I am
now unable to get jfw 6.0, and 6.1 ilm up and running. Whenever I try, it's
like I am going in circles. I am still having problems even after doing what
support at Freedom suggested. I first removed product activation, and I was
informed that it was a success. My cd still isn't recognized, and the edit
field where
you enter your code manually doesn't appear, I am instead brought to
a set of radio buttons where you choose a method of activation. No matter
what I try, I get the error
Client Activator
Error Code: 30200
Failed to generate the Locking code.From Activator
The following items are not installed or setup properly on your system:
Custom locking - not available.
Please correct the above settings and re-run this program.
OK

So my locking code isn't being detected. This occurs even after doing a
complete re-install of jfw 6.0. I am running from behind two firewalls, the
built-in one for xp, and the other built into my Lynksis router. Does the
windows xp firewall possibly interfere with the new ilm scheme in any way?

Hal