Re: performance of DECTalk Access 32

  • From: "Randy Tijerina" <rtijerina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:36:52 -0600

is dectalk access 32 on a cd-rom?
I am assuming it is since it's software.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Whitefang" <whitefang@xxxxxxx>

Hi List:

What is the difference between the DecTalk Express and the DecTalk USB?

Thank you!

Wayne
From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>

I know that this is off topic now and I wanted to send it to the person who generated the e-mail but I don't se the e-mail address for this particular person.

yes, I remember the DECTalk synth you are talking about, the DECTalk PC/Express, where you had a card in the computer (much like your soundcard but it was specifically for DECTalk.) I used this synth up until I got Windows XP and then had to find a DEC Express from somewhere. I've been using DECTalk products since using JAWS (in 1996) because at that time there was no Eloquence or Realspeak available. I remember when Eloquence came out. smiles. I also had DEC Access on my laptop but this is the first time that I've used it in almost 7 years because I was told that it wouldn't work with JFW 3.7. I've surprisingly gotten used to Eloquence and don't hate it as much as I used to, but after hours of studying it would have been nice to have a DECTalk synth on my laptop last semester. the thing that I would say about the performance of the DEC Access is that it is quieter than Eloquence, and a little bit more robotic when compared to the DEC Express, but I still like it nonetheless. also, when compared to realspeak it is not sluggish at all (as I still find realspeak to be). realspeak is okay when doing a say-all but for general navigation Eloquence or DECTalk is much bettter.

Patricia msn: bc_sarah_fan@xxxxxxxxxxx