pace of speech output

  • From: Michael Arnowitt <foodsong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:52:39 -0500

Can the speech output pace be modified in Jaws to add a tiny pause at the end of each paragraph, or at the end of each sentence?

Or does everything have to rattle away at a uniform speed?

I'm not sure I would necessarily want to have these slight pauses, but I would like to try hearing speech read that way if it is customizable, as it would sound more natural and might improve my understanding on say alls of difficult material.

Sometimes I think I hear Jaws pause a little after a comma - if I am right that that is really happening, it would definitely be nice in my ideal world to be able to have a microscopically longer pause after a period, and a still longer breath after a paragraph end.

Michael

Alternative archives located at: