RE: outlook 2010

  • From: "Bonnie Vegiard" <bvegiard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:11:37 -0500

There is no "tools" menu in 2010. I think I just need a good Office 2010
tutorial. I've been exploring the tree view, and this is what I have. When I
collapse all folders, I end up with three folders in the tree view, one is
"favorits", one is "Outlook Data Files" and the last is bvegiard@xxxxxxxxx
All my old stuff is in this last folder, and the Inbox I'm currently using
is also in this last folder. The other two also have "inboxes" but they
don't have anything in them, and the "sent" and "deleted" are in the
"favorites" folder, and again don't have anything in them. So somehow I set
things up to get email into this third foder, which is probably not where
Outlook expects it to go. I think the new folders I've set up and put mail
into are supposed to show up under either "Outlook data" or "favorites," but
I have not marked them correctly to show up where I want them, so right now
I don't know how to get to them.

I know I shouldn't have upgraded before finding out if there was support for
this new system. Didn't really think about it, but I will next time. Since
I'm new to my area, I've asked the Department of Rehabilitative Services to
give me some computer support as I gear up for job hunting, and once they've
jumped through their hoops, I hope to have someone come help. Thanks for any
insight you can provide, but I'm aware this is more of an Office issue than
a JAWS issue.

Bonnie