RE: out look 2003 attachments and jaws 6.20

  • From: "Cohn, Jonathan C [IT]" <Jonathan.C.Cohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:15:17 -0600

With Outlook 2003 it all depends on what type of e-mail message you are viewing.

There are three types of e-mail
1. Plain text (you can set Outlook to convert all incoming e-mail's to plain
text but you lose some reading functionality of HTML documents.)
2.  HTML these are great for reading since you can use the HTML commands that
you use for IE.
3.  RTF   The RTF can be a real pain
A) Sometimes Jaws 5-7  all lock up on tables.
2.  In RTF format the attachments can be either 'I in the middle of the
document or in a header.  If they are in the header great.  If they are a
Document icon with in the e-mail then  Jaws doesn't really know they are there
and just says blank blank blank when you hit the down-arrow over them.  In
these cases, there is a File->save documents menu item (short cut key of Alt-F
n) that allows you to save one or more attachments in a dialog box.

In any case you can also go to the 'format' menu and select 'Plain text' which
will then push the attachments into a heading (alt-6) I believe. It is just
below the subject heading.  The jaws-a command should then work.

Best of luck,

Jonathan