Re: opening a Word document in MSWord 2000 using Jaws

  • From: Joan Cummings <cummings@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:06:48 -0400

It also works if you open Word before you begin selecting files in Windows Explore. At least, it did for me.

Joan
At 11:20 AM 02/03/2006, you wrote:
Thanks Chris, I will try that too.
Troy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Chaffin" <cmchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:20 AM Subject: Re: opening a Word document in MSWord 2000 using Jaws

Hi all, I actually experience the same problem using Jaws 6.0 with both Windows XP as well as Windows 98 S E. I can hit insert T to read the title bar, and Jaws does that correctly, but I am unable to arrow up and down within the document. I tried the insert escape keystroke suggested, but for some reason, it does not work for me. I just to an alt tab out of word, then alt tab back in it, then everything works just fine. I am using Word 2000. Looks like a focus issue with Jaws to me.

Chris