omnipage and scanner

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:24:59 -0600

Greetings. I run JFW5, XP and Word XP. On my old computer I had no problems
with using the OCR acquire text option in Omnipage 9.

Post XP, I updated the HP scanjet 6300 software and upgraded Omnipage to V.
12. I can't get the acquire text option to work from Word, and the latest is
the scanner doesn't work atall even though the lights are on.

I'm on the verge of buying a new scanner to accommodate Omnipage but nothing
new is on their compatibility list. Any advice is appreciated. gwc