nytimes.com crash - interesting twist

  • From: "Stan Holdeman" <sholdeman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 07:28:34 -0500

Friends: We had some threads about the conflict between jaws 6 and nytimes.com
resulting in IE 6 crashing.

I thought this was an interesting twist. I opened IE 6 then decided to check
email before browsing. so ie6 is running in the background. A friend sent me an
email into which he had pasted a nytimes.com op-ed piece into the body of the
email. As I read the piece in the email body, I hit a link to "skip to next
paragraph" and got the nytimes crash. When I said no to the report to Microsoft
question, I was able to read the rest of the piece in the email, but when I
tried to return to IE 6 which was running in background, it was gone, having
been closed by the crash.

Thought this was an interesting twist.

running jaws 6.1 and home xp sp2.

Stan