not really OT: new AVG free

  • From: "alice dampman" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-users-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 13:01:10 -0400

Has anyone downloaded the new AVG free 8.5?
    I did, and now, it seems that AVG is running scans for hours every day. I
guess this should make me feel all safe and protected from viruses and other
goodies, but while this is going on, JAWS stutters and hitches up and locks up,
and it's really hard to get anything done.
    Anyone else noticing this? Are there any settings I can change to encourage
JAWS to keep performing even when these scans are running in the background?
Thanks,
Alice
alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx