Re: normalising mp3's

  • From: "Marc Rocheleau" <marcrocheleau82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:59:12 -0400

Hey there,

I use a program called mp3gain that works fairly well. Sometimes you have to
listen back to the mp3s to make sure they aren't too loud or quiet afterwards
still but I find it works better than a normalization option (Windows Media
Player has one for burning CDs too) in the long run. For whatever reason, I
find that any normalize function can be hit or miss so you also have to use
your own ears to judge as well.

Mp3gain amplifies the mp3 itself but also gives you the option to undo gain
changes. So with this program you'd do all the volume gaining before burning
the CD.

Hope this helps!

-Marc