(no subject)

  • From: "Kathy Millhoff" <kmilhoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Org Jfw@Freelists." <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 14:19:46 +1000

        sluggish jaws
D       ear list,  I'm worrying a bit about Jaws being sluggish.  I'm using
4.51;
ihave speech output and a braille display.  Anyway,  Jaws is way behind my
typing, and here are some of the results:1.   When I hit "enter" to go to a
new line, it's still processing the words and therefore doesn't process the
change.2.   I can't find how to get back to correct a typo and I have to
slow down to catch the supposedly instant feedback.3.   IJ'm leaving this
without corrections so you can get the idea.  I ty
pe up things for manuscript form this makes editing very diffcult.  It's not
that I don't expect to edit, it's that the slowlness of things getting
processed makes it troublesome.
Can you think of something I should do.  Please don't be overly  abstract
with answers.
thanks so much, and best,
kat