new laptop and jaws trouble.

  • From: "Siobhan" <littlesailorgirl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 10:33:44 -0400

Hi everyone. I was on this list awhile back, I've since upgraded to jaws eight,
latest updated from April 26.  Here's what's going on: if I close my laptop
lid, then open it back up, jaws won't read the system tray, just says no
selected item.  If I click on an item like skype, using the letter s it opens.
I've set the laptop to do nothing when I close the lid, I've even turned off
hibernation.  Also is anyone else having a problem where jaws will stop reading
the fields of mesages in outlook express?  Again I find this when I close the
lid of the laptop.  Now for the specs, windows xp home, two gig of ram, 80 gb
hard drive.  If anyone can fix this I would be ecstatic.
Thanks for the help,
I apologize if there are any errors, no spell check on my new This is a dell
inspiron fifteen o one I think.system yet.